First SDA Church (Teaneck)
|Home | Media | About Us | Devotional | Calendar | News | Prayer | Bible Study | Ministries | Our School | Bookstore | Online Giving | Contact Us | Members Only | Login|
JUNE 8, 2013
(Changes and new announcements are in bold letters.)
1. Remember to turn off your cell phone before entering the sanctuary. The only text message we should
read in church is the Bible, which can be downloaded to smart phones, iPads, and other tablet devices.
2. All announcements must be submitted to our Communication Secretary, Sis. Laura Howson
(LHOFHM@AOL.COM), by Tuesday evening to be included in the announcement sheet for that
Sabbath. Except for emergencies, no announcement that is not in the bulletin will be made from the
podium or placed on the screen. Department heads, ministry leaders, and all others are reminded that all
flyers must be approved by Sis. Howson before they are published, circulated, or displayed.
Sis. Alice Fagan (Englewood Hospital)
Sis, Dorothy Black (loss of nephew) Sis. Amy Dillon (loss of sister)
Sisters Vivienne Woodfrinch and Lurline Jones (loss of aunt)
6. Mission/Vision Caption: Lovingly Serving the Community, One Person at a Time.
General Theme for 2013: Following the Lamb.
Unity Theme: United by the Spirit in Love.
7. HELPING MINISTRY: We urgently need financial support and more volunteers to assist in this
program by which we provide meals every Friday for more than 60 elderly persons in Bergen County.
You may provide financial assistance by using a tithe envelope to contribute to “Community Services.”
Volunteers are needed (in the kitchen) on Fridays to prepare meals (9:00-12:00 a.m.), to package the
meals (11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.), and for delivery of meals (1:00-2:30 p.m.). To volunteer, please fill out
and turn in the forms provided. For further information, please contact Sis. Claudette Lewis, our
Assistant Community Services Leader, who directs the program (973-997-3900), or Sis. Christine Titus,
our Community Services Leader (551-404-4179).
8. We are engaged in a Stewardship Project to raise funds for the refurbishing and maintenance
of the church facility, beginning with the bathrooms. Please complete a Facility Upkeep
Commitment pledge form and place it in the offering plate. Work on the bathrooms will begin
shortly, but we need your contributions to ensure its completion. Please place your pledged
gifts in the special envelopes provided. All contributions must be turned in by August 3, 2013.
9. The First SDA Church of Teaneck Men’s Ministry Annual Jumbo Porgy and Sea-bass Fishing
Trip was a tremendous success. The average catch was 30 fish per person. Candidates for the
Fishing Hall of Fame – Cynthia Morrison, Christian Gilmore, Sonia Caton, and Eden
Stewart – each landed a humongous sea-bass and were the envy of the trip. Thanks to every-
one who participated this year. The fellowship was memorable and we are looking forward to
hosting an even larger trip next year. Save the date: June 1, 2014.
10. Today, June 8th, is Pathfinder Day. The speaker is Sis. Antonia Richards, one of the most
outstanding young women in this church. At 6:00 p.m. there will be an Investiture Service for
Pathfinders and Adventurers.
12. Tomorrow, June 9th, at 4:00 p.m., the Black Clergy Council of Englewood, Teaneck, and Vicinity
will be sponsoring a Baccalaureate Service, hosted by the First Baptist Church of Englewood, 351
Englewood Avenue, to honor our congregants graduating from high school, college, or university
in 2013. Please come out to support the seventeen graduating honorees from our congregation.
13. Tomorrow, June 9th, at 3:00 p.m., music students from our school, Wilbert F. Mays, will be
presenting a free concert at the Liberty School in Englewood.
14. The W. F. Mays Graduation Exercise will take place in the sanctuary this coming Thursday, June 13th,
at 6:00 p.m. when six students (the most ever) – Frank Aroh, Michael Gilmore, Michelle Goulding,
Shania Phillips, Kymani Rose, and Michael Williams – will graduate from Grade 8 and five from
Kindergarten. Please come out to support our school, and especially our graduates.
15. Next Sabbath, June 15th, will be Children’s Ministries Day. Two of our children will be the speakers.
The AYS program, which showcases the musical talents of our children, will be followed by a social
in the gym. There will be a baptism during the Divine Service. Persons desiring to be included (or to
have their children included) in the baptism should contact Pastor Moncrieffe, Pastor Scott, Bro.
Jonathan Mays, Sis. Carol Gill, Sis. Pearl Goulding, or Sis. Ursula Browne.
16. The Sunday night Bible Study on 1 John continues June 16th, at 7:00 p.m.
17. “Be U Girls Conference 2013” will be held June 21-22 (Friday night to Saturday night) in
Ellicott City, Maryland. It is an empowerment retreat for teen and preteen girls (especially those
ten to eighteen years old). For further details, please contact Sis. Pam Humphrey.
18. Sabbath, June 22nd, is Education Day. The speaker will be our own Bro. Bernard Carlisle, a
powerful preacher of the Word. At 6:00 p.m. there will be a special ceremony honoring our
twenty-three 2013 graduates – one from Kindergarten, five from Grade 8 (Middle School/
Junior High), eight from High School, eight with baccalaureate degrees, and one with a
graduate degree. Please come out to honor and support our graduates.
19. Bro. Andre Weekes, a Seventh-day Adventist financial planner, has been invited by the Black
Clergy Council of Englewood, Teaneck and Vicinity to make a presentation on personal
finance at the Community Baptist Church on Wednesday, June 26th, at 7:00 p.m.
20. The Allegheny East Camp Meeting for 2013 will be held June 27th to July 7th, under the theme
What Shall I Render? First Sabbath: Pastor Carlton Byrd, the speaker/director of Breath of Life and
senior pastor of the Oakwood University Church. Second Sabbath: Pastor Charles (“C.D.”) Brooks,
former speaker/director of Breath of Life, a Seventh-day Adventist minister for over sixty years!
21. The Allegheny East Conference Women’s Ministries Retreat will take place October 18-20, 2013
at the Princess Royale Hotel in Ocean City, Maryland. The Early-bird rate (until July 31st) is
$185.00 per person. The regular rate (deadline September 1st) is $225.00. For further information,
please contact Sis. Ynes Accilien, our Women’s Ministries Leader.
Updated: Jun 8, 2013________________________
Additional links on this topic: